My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Blog for William Thornton and Mike Hubbard

  A Response to Thornton's arbitrary deadline on a site he is not supposed to administer at baptistlife.com/forums, this one Baptist faith and practice:


     First I know more than Flick and Thornton cause I was elected Most Intellectual of the Class of 71 at Gaffney High School and They were NOT!! LOL. And before the Bl.com kangaroo court of Flick, Sandy and Thornton ban me for Life that stands for laugh out Loud, or what most sophisticated people know to be an attempt at self-deprecatory humor.

Thanks Haruo for seeing the conections.

I am making the case incrementally on the Furman facebook wall--they host Harvey Gantt, the black man Jesse Helms of the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC--Thursday night. Gannt integrated Clemson University.

I think Ed answered Sandy and Thornton's reservations pretty well.

I don't have the time to do all the remedial explanations for Sandy and Thornton they demand, but I do remember  a deacon at my Dad's church, a brawny fellow even in his 70s in the 60s telling me that a rite of passage for his manhood growing up near Chesnee  S.C. was on Saturday night he would lock arms with another 14 year old boy and then with a free open hand they would slap the other one full force till one fell to the ground or asked for mercy. That's the way Babdiss deacons were raised just a generation prior to me.

I did find Sandy's anecdote about Ray Rice's matriarchal spiritual formation quite interesting and educational.

The most frightful Baptist preacher I ever encountered was Ed Young's long time Associate Pastor and End Timer James Deloach. He closed the door on Randall Lolley, his classmate at SEBTS in 87 but in 68 he was in the TV room at our house in Gaffney showing me how to swing a baseball bat. There is instruction and then there is apocalyptic instruction.

So yeah, William, I would like to see Russ Moore on panel with Vicki Covington who at one time wrote routinely for John Grisham's--a great Mississippi Baptist--to talk about complementarianism and the SBC.

Moore was in concert with the Albert Lee Smith in Alabama fundamentalism and Vicki and myself were about the Kingdom of God in fuller Glory.

God Bless you All and have a Nice Day.

And if you can't see the analogy of Roger Goodell to where Mike Hubbard finds himself now with the SEC in Light of the New Racism article in New Republic, then William I can't help you.

One more thing. God Bless Steve Spurrier and the Carolina Gamecocks for sharing the Gospel with the Georgia Bulldogs rain delay and all last Saturday afternoon!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home