My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

  Don't have much to say about last year, but its the last day and deserves a little something on the record. I'm just lingering, sadly may be the upshot.

    Had a few moments and lot of thoughts. As has been routine for last several years, got in a few Sacred Harp events. Was in SC for three weeks mid summer. Summer mighta been unbearable if not for that.

      Turkey Trot in Collinsville was a delight and was proud of the Cricket Theatre for hosting an Auburn group back in October, I think it was.

     No book other than Rough Country stood out. Got my eye on H is for Hawk in the coming year.
 
     Saw Me and Earl in the dying Girl with my  Nephew, and liked Brooklyn over Thanksgiving. Spotlight was strong.

    And yesterday Ana Ularu was delightful on facebook with a dubmouth of Jack Nicholson in the Departed. We had a message exchange. Made my day.

    Joseph Morgan is now the editor of Southern Torch in Deekalb County Alabama. That is a matter of some intrigue.

    Life goes on. I'm concerned about my Country. I thought my generation coming out of Nixonland and Watergate and Viet Nam coulda polished things up a little but fundamentalist Baptists, the Tea PArty, Karl Rove and Fox News seem intent on FFin it up. Bonhoeffer calls it the politics of Stupidity.

    Had a few interesting conversations, got a used bicycle though emerging type two diabetes or arthritis in the legs means it aint what it used to be as Robbie Roberson says transitioning from the Old Time Religion into Night They Drove old Dixie Down in The Last Waltz.

   Was supposed to be at Bridges BBQ for breakfast this morn in Shebby NC but those plans with my brother came unhinged.

     Good metaphor for this last year, but I have a pulse and the Lord Almighty is in charge. As is professed in the movie Jude, we are the refuse, the offscouring. Good set up to see MacBeth which I hope Nick Saban and his Tide fans allow in a decent Theatre in Bama in January.

    Roll Tide. Actually I'm pullin for Clemson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home